Very Nice by Marcy Dermansky
Release Date: July 2, 2019
Length: 304 pages
Dear Reese Witherspoon, HBO, Showtime, Prime Video, Netflix, et al.,
Have any of you optioned Very Nice by Marcy Dermansky yet? If not, someone needs to get on it. Dermansky’s latest book would make a fabulous mini-series, the perfect antidote for those suffering from the cancellation rumors around Big Little Lies. (HBO, what are thinking?!?)
Just like Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, readers will have a whole range of reactions to Very Nice, but don’t let that concern you. In fact, here’s where you really need to pay attention: they’ll ALL love watching it, because let’s face it, this story has it all.
- The rich behaving badly – Everyone loves that!
- A beach town location, a house with a pool – Plenty of attractive people in swimsuits.
- A husband who leaves his wife for a younger woman – Cliché, but always interesting.
- A love triangle involving a mother and daughter – Gold!
- A blocked Pakistani writer with nowhere to go – Everything seems to revolve around him, but why?
- A secret affair – Some will love it, others will hate it. People will be talking!
- A thwarted school shooting – Current and a great jumping off point for drama.
- A tangle of relationships unfolding over time – A new shock for every episode.
- Angst, regret, fear, longing, passion, shame – What more could you want?
- A pretty, coddled poodle – Who doesn’t love a dog?
Let’s get this done! Someone needs to make Very Nice, the mini-series. In the mean time, readers might want to add Very Nice, the book, to their end of summer reading lists. They’ll find it’s a fun, fast beach read and I bet they’ll be loving it as a mini-series, too! Grade: A-
P.S. A small finders fee would be appreciated and I’ve got plenty of casting ideas if you need any help.
Pin This Post ⇓
Disclosure: There are Amazon Associate links included within this post