This post may include Amazon links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
With the end of the first month of 2017, I’ve decided to do a little experimenting with a monthly wrap up. So, January will be my first. I apologize if it’s a little rough and not extremely original, but I know my wrap ups will improve with time. I’m a person who definitely needs let ideas evolve as I live with them. Please feel free to offer any feedback and/or suggestions. I’d appreciate it!
Books Read in January:
Lucky Boy by Shanthi Sekaran, Grade: A- (reviewed on 1/12)
The Futures by Anna Pitoniak, Grade: C (reviewed on 1/19)
Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller (review coming next week)
My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout, Grade: A (reviewed on 1/26)
The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker, Grade: A (reviewed on 1/31)
When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi (audio – comments here)
Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller (review coming next week)
Desperation Road by Michael Farris Smith (review coming soon)
Reviewed, But Read Earlier:
Best Book of January!
In my humble opinion, Kayla Rae Whitaker’s debut is a must read!
Please check out my review to get all the wonderful details.
- The most viewed post in January was Best Novels of 2016, which was actually posted on December 27, 2016. Everyone loves those “best of” lists!
- The review that was viewed most frequently was Idaho by Emily Ruskovich. This, however, is a skewed statistic since Idaho posted early in the month.
- The review that got the most hits on the day it went up was The Futures by Anna Pitoniak. This one is a surprise because it had few comments and was a book I didn’t particularly like.
Progress toward goals:
- My Goodreads goal for 2017 was to read 75 books. With 8 read in January, I’m right on track toward that goal, though I know I will not always be able to squeeze in as many books.
- Another of my reading goals was to read more nonfiction and listen to more audiobooks. With When Breath Becomes Air I was able to add a book in both categories.
- On January 10, for Top Ten Tuesday, I published a list of “2016 Books I Meant to Read, But Didn’t.” Since then, I read two of the books from that list, My Name is Lucy Barton and When Breath Becomes Air. I don’t expect to be so successful most months at reading backlist books!
- I’ve made significant personal progress on organization and planning further out. My TBR list is finally under control (in organization, not size). In February, I plan on tackling my Pinterest page which is a serious mess right now!
Disclaimer: There are Amazon Affiliate links contained in this post.